Re: [Harp-L] Sonny and Brownie

Sonny and Brownie had an album out that featured some guests, like Arlo
Guthrie, and maybe even Randy Newman. that album was one of my early favorites and
I went to see them perform in Minneapolis, probably mid-70s, opening for
Bonnie Raitt. It's an easy night to remember. We had to clear the venue because
of a bomb threat (on the campus of U of Minn) and I was standing outside when I
heard this college student messing with harp. He was getting that blues
'bite' sound that I was looking for (this was early in my harp days). I was still
trying to figure out second position and that really discouraged me for some
reason. Anyway, when we finally got the show going. Sonny and Brownie were
great,as expected. Bonnie Raitt called out Tony Glover as a guest for one song
during her set and he was rather disappointing, since I had been trying to figure
out his book for awhile before that. All in all, though, a very good night and
I'm always glad I went.
Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb