From: "Colourise" <sm.ms@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 4:23 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Hohner MeisterKlasse

Hi

I am thinking of getting a  Hohner MeisterKlasse.

I understand that early versions of the MeisterKlasse suffered from
oxidisation of the aluminium comb and this presented a potential, (or
actual?) health hazard and that later batches did not suffer from this.

Have any present owner/users of this harmonica experienced this, or are
experiencing this, or has this problem been fixed.

Does anybody know whether oxidisation could still take place over a long
period of time even with examples from the later batches, due to wear an
tear on the aluminium comb (perhaps caused by reed plates being removed and
replaced for cleaning etc, or just general handling)?

Thanks

Regards

Steve