RE: [Harp-L] Re:Crap

What's this story about 99 % of harp players sucking? I would say that adversely most harpists >deserve recognition for decent playing. Not everyone is a LW or SBW but that doesn't mean >you're playing crap! Harri

Well said, mate. I don't make any money out of doing the one thing I love most - which is playing the harmonica in case anyone's getting funny ideas... ;-) - I made me CD and have just about broken even after a couple of years...but if I wasn't having fun I just wouldn't do this. Never pick a harp up again. I'm no Brendan Power or Mick Kinsella, but I've just been to Dublin for the first time in my life and I was welcomed with open arms in some of the best Irish pub sessions and have been in seventh heaven about it ever since. You can be dead serious about the harmonica, and we all should be, but make sure that you're having fun while you're being serious. Sometimes I'm definitely crap but other times...well, I dunno, and I'm not going to ask anyone!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm