Re: [Harp-L] What is the best delay out here

Dennis,

I have three different delays in my setup -- the Electro Harmonix deluxe
Memory man analog, the Akai Headrush digital, and the various delays in
my Digitech RP200. All of them sound great, depending on what I'm
playing.  The Memory Man and the Digitech do very nice, fat, bluesy
delays.  The Akai is great for clean delays that go beautifully with
acoustic harp.  I wouldn't want to give up any of them.  That's not even
including my Yamaha Magicstomp and my Lexicon MPX100, both of which do
great delays, but which I use for reverbs pretty much exclusively.

Your idea of what the "best" delay is might change from day to day --
the one you like best today for a particular situation might not be the
one you like best tomorrow for a different situation.  (In fact, the
delay you want could very well be lurking right now in that Digitech
pedal, or in the Boss given that you haven't had time to mess with it.)
In general, it's a good idea to never sell a piece of gear that makes a
sound that inspires you.  if the delays you have now make sounds that
inspire you, keep them.  The price of gear is dropping all the time now,
with the exception of handmade boutique electronics.  You'll certainly
be able to get great deals on delays for the foreseeable future.  Go to
musiciansfriend.com and type "delay" in the search window -- you'll see
hundreds of them.

In the meantime, as always, check harmonycentral.com for reviews of any
piece of gear you're considering.  I NEVER buy gear without looking
there first.

Regards, Richard Hunter