Re: [Harp-L] Re: Pictures

 The stories:I was at a special New Years Eve night with my wife at the Blue Cafe a few years back and Doug McCloud was the entertainment.  We chatted for some time and I told him how much I enjoy the stories of him and George "Harmonica" Smith, I even called him Dub, as George did and he got a kick out of that .  I told him with the stories I can see in my mind much more than pictures can show.  It really leaves the reader something to think about.  I like stories because my mom passed away when I was in the 9th grade from MS.  She went blind the last 2 years of her life and I've always tried to paint a picture in my mind what someone is saying as I wanted to relate to what my dear mom was going through.   I think those stories of the 2 Sonny's would make for some interesting reading and I'd love to read that everyday life stuff  in your own column.   Just everyday life, the real stuff.  all take care and God Bless in this important weekend.steve--- On Fri 04/14, Rick In
Davis < rickindavis@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Rick In Davis [mailto: rickindavis@xxxxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 19:56:15 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: PicturesLittle Larry? Who, this guy? http://cdbaby.com/cd/littlelarrySONNYTONE@xxxxxxx wrote:I was too busy living in the moment, taking pictures of everything and myself was not my thing. I might have 5-6 total photos of Sonny and I playing duets, I will talk to the web guy who did my site about posting them. All my recordings were done on a cassette hand held unit, some are actually quite good, when I do decide to do something with them, I need to make sure the representatives of both men are notified and it is all legit. It is always special when I talk with a harp player who was at one of the shows, it was common for guys to play together after the show, during breaks. I met a fine player from Atlanta called Little Larry, who was an understudy of Big Walter's. Larry had half a hand due to birth defect but learned how to overcome it
and create some sweet BW tone. He told me BW blew into the backs of his harps to warm up the reeds before burying them. True or not, I still do it to this day. With custom harps not so much an issue._______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l---------------------------------Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. PC-to-Phone calls for ridiculously low rates._______________________________________________Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.orgHarp-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com