Re: [Harp-L] Tube vs. Solid State

I like Chris Michalek's "Bassman" patch for my Digitech pedal. It's better than some tube amps I've played through.

It's never too late to do something your parents didn't want you to do. When that time comes Barrelhouse Solly will be there for you. He cares.

Tunes: http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly Cat pix: http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell

Jim McBride wrote:
Rick,
Yep, I play through a Line 6 Pod 2.0 and its great. Right now I'm playing open mics with an accoustic guitar player and we both just plug into the PA and off we go. The Pod doesn't sound like an old tube amp, even when I select an amp emulation of a tube amp, but it sounds good. I get lots of compliments on the sound. And best of all its light and easy to use and ALWAYS works, and has almost no feedback problems. Its not the right tool for every job, but it works for me. I don't think the title of this thread should be "tube vs solid state", it should be "tube and solid state". Both have positives and negatives and both can sound good for harp.
Jim McBride