[Harp-L] The Winner is John Broecker, "Big River" Quiz

Thanks to everyone that participated.
We should start a Big River Fraternity

The answers are Nonesuch and The River Rats
Rob P I thought you would have gotten this.
Your band is called the hudson river rats.
When i saw the name i thought big river harp player
it makes sense.

 I got name  the from somewhere in the score.
The band leader who had done the touring show told me
that the original set called for the pit to be fashioned like
part of the river. He even called us rats. He would say,"you rats ready
to go on stage". I bought a bunch of rubber rats and put them in the pit.
I put one on the piano with rubber swiss cheese. I made  a sign in the pit.
That said Rats Nest.

   Above our heads was a trap door that huck got something out of.
We put a rubber rat in there and scared the crap of him.

This is a fun show if anybody has the chance  to play the show do it.
It's a lot of fun!

A word of caution In the scene The Boys/Injun Joes Cave It calls for everyone to fall down.
These are trained actors they know how to do it. I always had extra harps in my inside jacket
pocket. When it came time to fall down I landed on the harps.
I Bruised my ribs. It hurt for about two weeks.

There are more stories but I won't bore you guys .

To adapt  a line from Big River- You be a harmonica player  Could be

John send me your address offlist and I'll send you your prize.

>>> <MilwHarmonica@xxxxxxx> 04/14/06 08:59AM >>>
Hello again, Emile. This is John Broecker of the Milwaukee Harmonica Club.
This is a reply to your quiz about the broadway musical, "Big River," by Roger
Miller.

A sad bit of trivia about my first performance of the musical. On the week
that I rehearsed and performed it for a Milwaukee area high school, Roger
Miller  was in the hospital. On our last performance (a Sunday), it was announced
that  Roger had passed away.

I have a guess about the name of the on-stage music trio (harp, fiddle and
guitar). I'm guessing that the name of the trio is "The Boys."

Please let me know if this is correct, or incorrect. You have made this an
interesting trivia game.  Sincerely, John  Broecker.