[Harp-L] Re: Lee Oskar

I reconnected with Lee after thinking how long it had been since we  spoke
after I made the post. I laid down a rhythm for him in the Seattle studio  he
used in 2001, but he is so busy he never put forth that project. I told him
once again how his music gets into my soul and how much I appreciated his
influence and being his friend. He is a humble man, and was taken aback a bit by  my
honesty. You need to tell those you truly love how much you do, and I love
him as a person, and as a friend. He now has his own studio, so you know where
I  will be doing my first CD, which will feature my tribute to Lee Oskar,
playing  my best impression of his style. He is involved with Ringtone Cellular
system  for the past 4 years. We discussed his tunings and how my rhythms like
train  would go backwards with his melody maker, 3 hole blow one step up, 5
draw up a  half stet as is 9 draw. He suggested bringing 9 draw back to regular
so I could  bend the 9 blow. I wish I had spent those formative years learning
music like  you guys are in your 30's, God bless you. I was too busy
destroying myself,  which in turn was God's way of making me capable to teach others
about life. I  had to walk through Hell and have this awakening before I could
continue. I  chose right this time, I didn't have to, like many times before.
Off the subject  I know. Lee was describing the chords that are made when
playing the 345 blow,  and 3456.  In C, I think he said 345 was Ab major, the 3456
Gb major or  minor/? On a C harp notes would A,C,E (345) then ACEG  3456..So
you theory  guys please refresh what those chords are. Chromatic, we didn't
speak on.  However, he is still playing with the Original War members, called
themselves  the Original Low Riders. Howard Scott, BB Dickerson, one or two
others. WAR is  just a cover band, not a pleasant topic for sure for Lee. Everyone
CHECK OUT  Lee's new site in the making, it is SO COOL..
_www.loproductions.com_ (http://www.loproductions.com)      I love the way it
works, and can visualize my amp doing the same, but that is  his idea and a
great one. He is sending me a bunch of his varied harps, I will  have my harp
builder set them up for me, and you will hear what my true first  influence was
in my music. His embouchure was so pure and clean, it was hard to  tell
whether he was blowing or drawing sometimes. On the real side, I have been
diagnosed with first stage cirrhosis, so pardon the length of my  posts, when I
finally found the true path I realized how little time there  is to make something
happen. I disclose that so you all think good and hard  on this Good Friday,
that today is the only day we have, put the past  behind you, forgiving
yourself and others is a key to staying happy, and  tell that person in your life you
have been taking for granted how much you  really love them. I was glad I got
to make peace with Sonny and do  that after we split, it was a tough time
then but I sucked up my stupid pride  and brought him a set of Golden Melodies a
few years later and blubbered how  much I loved him and what he did for me. I
am a fighter, so get used to me, I  have so many more projects for harp
players coming up after we get  through these knee issues. Thanks Scott.