[Harp-L] "Kind of Blue" in 3rd

Aeskow@...wrote:

> "Kind of Blue" provides harp players with a great opportunity to work on
3rd-position jazz playing.

Jp Pagan replied;

>BUT... what if you want to play it on diatonic? on
just ONE diatonic? sure, grab a C harp and you've got
the A sections in D Dorian covered. but what happens
when the tune modulates up a half step to Eb? <

If the  title we are refering to is 'So What'
then I "Cheat" & have done for years!

This tune could have been written for the Koch &/or Hohners slide harp.
Play the A part - slide out - 3rd position ( D Dorian )
Play the B section - slide in - 3rd position (Eb Dorian).
Mox

http://tinyurl.com/qqpcb

N'imprimez pas ce message si ce n'est pas indispensable