[Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 32, Issue 28

     Hey Rob,
                     If I might intercede here-I had a
warm relationship w/
Sonny Terry myself  and when he came to L.A. (and even
once in San Francisco) I'd do what I could to help him
mainly driving to errands,etc.
because he was almost completely blind. So I saw them
perform many times and sat in w/them as well. Sonny
lived in New York and Brownie lived in Oakland. You
can't get much farther apart than that in the U.S .

When I saw them, they made no real effort to conceal
their irritation w/
each other. These were two grown men who worked hard
together for 40-50yrs. and recorded some 50 albums
together, Sonny told me it wasn't until very late in
the game that they started making good money
together. I;m very fortunate to have known him as he
was one of the finest country blues harp players who
ever lived and obviously has influenced many of us
though I think I'll keep my own name !

                    Chris

Chris "Hammer" Smith
Hammer Smith Band