Now (and for a long time since being on the street) I play sp20s. And, I haven't notice any canine complaints. Not to say it's about sp20's or their tunings. But, I haven't had probs with pooches. In fact recently an Irish terrier seemed to really enjoy my playing, I don't think it had anything to do with the musical quality, I don't play Irish. SO perhaps my old harps had dirtier overtones and such. Or maybe it's how I play.

I bet a swarm of techies will descend and explain all. But I suspect the culprit is overtones not audible to human ears. My tone's always been perfect!! No, really!

-Dave Fertig

At 10:23 PM 4/12/2006, you wrote:
From: "James" <wasabileo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] My dogs hate my harp playing
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:28:07 -0400

Ok you may all get a good laugh out of this but I have this delimia when I start to wail groove. I have these two dogs (rescues): one is a lab mix and the other a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (pictures avialable upon request) When I start to blow, they start to wail. The sound of the harp hurts them. Especially when I try to do any high not bends (ie Jimmy Reed,or Walters Hard Heated Women I have to stop. has anyone has that experience and what have they done about 'Thanks (enjoy the laugh)