Re: [Harp-L] My dogs hate my harp playing

Hi James,

James wrote:

Ok you may all get a good laugh out of this but I have this delimia
when I start to wail groove. I have these two dogs (rescues): one is
a lab mix and the other a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog (pictures
avialable upon request) When I start to blow, they start to wail. The
sound of the harp hurts them. Especially when I try to do any high
not bends (ie Jimmy Reed,or Walters Hard Heated Women I have to stop.
has anyone has that experience and what have they done about 'Thanks

Several of my dogs have howled along with my playing. My present companion Pepper, a mixed Lab, just gets a sad look on her face and leaves the room. Very critical!

I don't think you really are hurting your dogs' ears, they are really just trying to communicate, like when a wolf howls. You could try playing in another room, or put the dogs outside while you practice, if the weather is good. One of my dogs, a Samoyed now gone, used to moan when I played anywhere in the house, though. Sometimes they may learn to live with it.

Later--
Tim

--
Timothy J. Schutte