[Harp-L] Bottle 'O Blues microphone

Rick,

  >Is the Jim McBride I see here in these threads the same guy behind the
>Bottle o' Blues harp mic?  If so, I bought one of those bad boys from
>you off eBay several months ago.  It sounds great.

  >I have 4 main harp mics:
   >  -Custom JT-30 body w/ Shure CM element
  >  -Pre-1946 Astatic JT-30 w/ crystal element
  >  -Harmonica Honker
  >  -Bottle o' Blues
  >  [I'm also angling right now for an EV 630]

 > The BOB has a deeper, mellower tone, and it is quite
> feedback-resistant when played through my Fender Blues Jr.  I haven't recorded with > it yet, but I like it for some raunchy blues in live situations.
>Do you have any new products in the pipeline?
>
  >  -Rick

  Yep, its me. Still making and selling the Bottle 'O Blues. Business is good. The mics are inexpensive and have a unique sound. Check out my website at
  www.bottle-o-blues.com. I have a couple of reviews of the mic you can read.

  No new products in the pipeline yet ... only in my head :-) Was thinking of designing a small tube preamp for those cases where you don't want to carry an amp - just want to plug into the PA but need something to get overdrive.

  Thanks for the good words about the mic.

  Jim McBride