[Harp-L] weirdest gig... reprint

I was working for Mel McDaniel and we were booked in East Nowhere Ok. We arrive for the gig (having been told that there would not be anyone available for sound check to run the board) and discover that it's a large tin building out in back of the owners double wide. He comes out in his bib overhauls and tells us to go on in he'll be there shortly. We open the side door and walk into what can only be described as a horror film movie set. There are age old cob webs attached to everything along with half empty beer glasses and dirty ashtrays. The owner shows up and we ask how many people he's expecting tonight to which he replies..."Dunno, called a few folks" Just as an aside Mel currently had the #1 single on the country charts "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On" OK, so we set up and it's Showtime...now there's three people in the joint...the owner, his wife, and her cousin...COMBINED WEIGHT OF ALL THREE...I'd say 950 lbs. We kick off the show and tear into something blazing to open the gig. We finish the number and we can hear the echo of the last notes reverberating off the surrounding country side as the owner has left the doors open. As that dies down the soothing sounds of crickets and bullfrogs take over!!! We kick off the next number... a ballad...very slow and emotional...half way through the song a GOAT wanders in the side door next to the stage and proceeds to stand and stare, as only goats can, directly in front of the stage at the band. As if on cue..as the song ends the GOAT deposits it's most recent meal right in front of the stage and goes back outside.
The rest of the night was uneventful as well as un-attended WHAT, QUIT AND GET OUT OF SHOW BIZ?

PT Gazell
pt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ptgazell.com
http://www.sonicbids.com/PTGazell