[Harp-L] not playing it all does not make you a bad musician

This concept that you have to play every style of music to be a great musician is wrong.
My father was great musician. At the age of 14 he won a ten year scholarship to the Royal Conservatory of Naples.
He had perfect pitch and when we would watch TV he would give the key and the notes in the melody a they were played.
Also he could improvise in a classical style. He did not play jazz, blues, country etc... nor did he want to.

Emile Diggs D'Amico