RE: [Harp-L] A question for sight readers

> C harp down and pick up a Bb harp, the relationship moves.
> How to you deal
> with that?

Don't play anything other than a C harmonica,

transpose the sheetmusic.

or learn to transpose on sight.

I have been playing with trumpets and alt sax a lot so I have sort of
learned to read Bb and Eb scores for the c harmonica.
(In general I am a very bad reader but I sort of manage some off the time)
This is easier than you think as long as the music stays more or less in one
key so you can read it in functions.
If the note you see on the page is the fifth of the key you are in it will
still be the fith of the scale when you move the piece to a different key.
When a lot of chromatisism occurs it gets difficult to relate the notes to a
certain scale and things get messy.

Tinus
http://www.overblow.com