Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE: 99.4% is crap opinion

You know folks, I see little usefullness in this discussion: What is the point? This reminds me of one of the "Old Time Harpers" in Kim Fields Book "Harmonicas, Harps and Heavy Breathers, I think it was Stan Harper  - but don't hold me to it. or one of the guys from the Harmonicats. He was full of "piss and vinegar" about the Blues Guys - how "they were playin the harmonica all wrong. For me, my definition of a musican is one who can express himself on his/her instrument. Can you tell a story, set a mood, take some of your most inner feelings and play them on the harp. I started out as a blues guy. I still am. I will listen to Shakey Walter Horton, Little Walter, Lightin' Slim, Billy Boy Arnold, Billy Branch ------on and on an on till I drop dead.
But in my musical travels I became exposed to Toots Thielemens, Larry Adler, Robert Bonfiglio (check out the Villa Lobos Concerto) Jason Rosenblatt (a student of Howard Levy - forgot to mention him)
Its all music, its all good, its all expression
Whats the problem folks
James Leo