[Harp-L] Was Little Walter now % of good players

<<I'm just being realistic Tom, progress hasn't gone unnoticed.  :-)>>

OK Chris, I guess my penchant for sarcasm got the best of me. But with all
due respect I don't see it as realistic to say that approximately 99 out of 100
 harmonica players are crap. It might be better stated to turn it around  and
say that only a very small percentage of players can be considered to  be
elite. I don't know what that percentage might be but  admittedly it's small. But
that leaves a whole lot of players that are  pretty darn good as well a whole
lot that have a long way to go. I  also think that this is true of any
instrument, not just  harmonica.

All that said, I think that harp-l and SPAH and other harmonica centric
endeavors such as Filisko's class at the Old Town School of Folk Music here  in
Chicago have gone a long way toward raising the stakes in defining what a  good
harp player is and challenging us all to be better than we might have  been
willing to settle for in the past. This trend has been going on for some  time
now. Anyway, I'm hearing more and more surprisingly good players these  days.

t. albanese