[Harp-L] Buckeye

Well it's late and I just bid Rupert Oysler, PT Gazelle and a host of other newfound friends goodnight after watching the most blazing hour and a half of Jason Ricci closing out Buckeye Harmonica Festival.  Not that ALL of the music this weekend wasn't outstanding.
But being that it was my first time seeing Jason live I am still pulling my jaw up from the floor.
Everyone was in good spirits and I think felt they learned and/or accomplished something by being a part.
I felt a real spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration for whatever we choose to do with our various reeded instruments.
A spirit which, I believe will carry forward to SPAH this August.
I hope I can swing it.  The last thing my good buddy Paul Messenger said to me before leaving was "let's really try to make it this year."
After hearing Jason talk about the Blues Blow Off he is going to run on Tuesday night at SPAH I think that could be worth the price of admission.
As the SeaTrain song of long ago so aptly put it; "It's tired, and I'm getting late".
Maybe  I'll be inspired to write more about this weekend on the plane ride home but for now I Just need to say
that if you have not had a chance to see Jason or PT Gazelle (my first for both) just do it.
PT had the house eating out of his hand on Friday and,
 if Jason hadn't run into the chandelier on his last leap at the end of his final song,
I think he might have gone through the roof and still be gaining altitude.

Cheers,

Bill Hunneke