Re: [Harp-L] Pascal Veillette - harp clips

I ran across these clips after a Google search for Pascal Veillette a few weeks ago. I was very impressed by his sound on the Kamendja cd. The Asa Nisi Masa cd is equally impressive. Who would have thought a guitar, harp, sousaphone and Indian percussion would produce such a mesmerizing sound. There are two numbers on that cd that have been stuck in my head since I first heard them, Kindred Spirits and In A Single Breath. Pierre, I'm jealous that you have access to Pascal as even an occasional teacher. I put him in the upper echelon of modern diatonic players. I used to consider myself a blues harp purist but it's muscians like Pascal Veillette who have opened doors to vastly different worlds.

lh

Pierre wrote:

Pascal Veillette, my occasional harp teacher and friend has a new CD with his other band, this is an east indian inspired band. Cool music, lots of texture in the music, much slower than his previous Kamendja CD which was great, but hard to take in large doses as it was so fast. I haven't bought the CD yet, just found the clips now.

I saw these guys play two years ago, I loved the show, the music was really interesting, a totally new style to me, very relaxed and laid back, cool music textures, percussion and rhythyms. I was hoping to see them again but they we pretty inactive after that but they got together to do a CD last year, probably they play more now. I haven't seen Pascal since last summer, will have to see those guys again.

I found clips:

Scroll down to ASA NISI MASA cd on the page or search for "Pascal"

http://www.patrickgrahampercussion.com/downloads/index.htm

Available at CD baby too.