Re:[Harp-L] Pro Junior problem update

 Michael,Something that would reallly help in warming up this amp is to change the coupling caps C8 and C9 from .022mf to .1mf.  It will allow more low end through heading to the EL84's.  You can also up the power supply dropping resistor to lower the preamp plate voltages and that will warm it up some.  It should help reduce feedback.  Have your amp tech drop the voltage well below 200 volts and play it right there to see what might sound best and then you'll know whether to drop it more or leave it.  Your ears won't lie when you hear it.Several years ago, via initial info from RandyJamz of Tone-Lizard amps, I modded several BJ's and a few Pro Jrs along with new Weber Alnico's in every amp.  Huge difference, although for harp there's still much warmer amps that are bone stock that sounded better for 200 bucks.  You can also lower R13 to give it more drive if need be.  Again see if it sounds better or leave it.  Randy told me several years ago that he would ask the old timers
he learned from if something would work and they would tell him, "I don't know, but why don't you put it on the bench and find out."  Ears don't lie and that's why you're wanting changes in this amp. hope that helps,steve --- On Fri 04/07, Michael Fugazzi < mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:From: Michael Fugazzi [mailto: mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:06:40 -0700 (PDT)Subject: Re:[Harp-L] Pro Junior problem updateIn my self-loathing, I forgot to thank those of youwho offered your advice and past experiences indealing with Pro Junior issues.The information saved me from sounding like an idiotto the amp tech and also saved me money by not goingoverboard looking for a repair. I think the speaker(when it finally arrives) will do the trick.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com