Re: [Harp-L] Using a Solid State Amp for Blues Harp

Yes, it does not sound exactly like a traditional tube harp amp...  it sounds different, and different is good.  So many blues harp players go for the copy-cat sound (I sure did it for years).  Little Walter was into expanding the limits of the blues harp, and he defined the Chicago electrified tone.  If he were playing today, I bet he would be playing through a POD into the PA, or something like that; still trying to move the music forward.