Re: [Harp-L] Effects: proper chain order?

"Alexander Savelyev" wrote:
<1. Can somebody give me a tip - web link or simple explanation on the
<chain order of various effects I can possibly use for harmonica. These
<are going to be Digitech and Dan Electro pedal effects.
<
<2. I know that Reverb should be applied at the end of the chain, but
<what about the others like distortion pedals, phase shifters, pitch
<shifters, frequency pedal, etc.
Alex,

The "usual" order is:
1) distortion devices
2) pitch shifters
3) modulation effects, e.g. flange, chorus, filter, phase shifter, ring
modulator
4) delay
5) reverb

I put "usual" in quotes because there's no such thing as a useless
sound, and putting the effects in a different order can sound great on
the right piece.  I once ran a flanger ahead of a distortion device with
great results, for example.

However, the above order is the first thing I'd try.  The second thing
I'd try is putting the pitch shifter ahead of the distortion device.
I'd almost always put delay and reverb, in that order, at the end of the
chain (unless I wanted some kind of wacked-out, flanged and distorted
reverb or delay effect), and in most cases I wouldn't use both at once.

Good luck and have fun, regards,
Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com