[Harp-L] Dan Lynch's

I do remember many afternoons and evenings at Dan Lynch's in the  80's.  I
moved to the SF Bay Area in 1989, so I didn't know that it had  closed.  Too
bad.  Maybe someone can confirm my memory (which was  generally fogged when I was
at Dan Lynch's) but I believe there was a period  during the 80's when the
ancient cabaret laws in NYC were being enforced, which  allowed for only a
limited amount of people on stage at once if you didn't have  the vaunted license.
There was a small closet on the side of the stage  that would fit a musician
if the allowed number was exceeded.  It was  wacky.

Again the fog factor:  I think it was Dan Lynch's but it could have  been
another club....

Adam Kaye

yes, the old Dan Lynch club on 2nd and 13th. I used to go down to the city
with Dave Therault or Marty Fink(a great big Walter player from Queens)from
CT
in the late 70's early 80's for the sunday jam. bill dicey was also still
alive
and doing the booking there. Bob Shatkin used to show up and give  lessons on
the street corner
to quite a few guys including myself. A  really great acoustic style player,
monster on Walter styles, and a great  guy. I miss those days.
HB

I am so glad that other people remember.  Dan Lynch kept the Blues alive in
the city in the 80's and early 90's IT was a  fun club. Anyone remember Bill
Dicey?