[Harp-L] Dan Lynch (nyc bio stuff)

Back then there was also Danny Russo and Sugar Blue and Nat Riddles. Bill Dicey initially was teamed with the guitarist Robert Ross who is still a vital musician. And then there was Victoria Spivey who used to record all these guys. I was essentially thrown out of Lynch's for my thirsty (as in alcohol) insanity but god I loved the harmonica and mythologized those local icons. Being 120% self taught I had a kind of Butterfield tone without the abilities to emulate Russo or his mentor W. Horton or any other tongue blocker. I have always done the u-block thing. I was in awe of most of these guys. Paul (Brooklyn Slim) Oscher was around at that time too. He was always relatively menacing looking but an encyclopedia of the blues. Back then I met Muddy and Johnny Shines. There was Tramps and the Bottom Line and the Roadhouse. I miss some of the music but none of my behaviors. The former I still play and the latter I gave up more than 20 years ago. Forgive the NYC indulgences. dennis moriarty