Re: [Harp-L] Why use a Harmonica Mic?

Cathal,

My understanding is that in the old days, there were no harmonica mics. Most
of the vintage mics used were vocal mics. Green bullets, jt-30's, biscuits,
etc. all vocal mics.
Many new custom harp mics use vintage elements.
As far as your question as to mic types and effects, visit the archives and
you'll find almost as many opinions as players on this subject.
http://harp-l.org/pipermail/harp-l/