[Harp-L] my SPAH jam progress.....

When I went to my first SPAH in Dallas the jam circle was exciting and
intimidating at the same time. What a thrill to be in the same jam as some
of the legends..Paprozzi, Filisko, Bonfiglio, Wiggins, Jelly Roll, Krantz to
name a few! My level of playing ability was basically the same in Dallas as
this year in KC. The big difference was my mindset going in. In Dallas I
tried way too hard to show all my best stuff in order to some how keep up
with the "pros"..big mistake. Similar to times when I have played golf with
low handicap monsters and want to "keep up". I swing way to hard. think way
too much and end up repeatedly going into my bag for a new ball to replace
the one I just lost!

This year I made a pact with myself to not let "the game" affect MY GAME.  I
didn't think too hard waiting for my turn or when it was my turn. I just had
a blast and played my heart out. I had no mental plan formulating as my turn
approached. When it was my turn to "tee off" I just closed my eyes, opened
my ears to the "band" and let my heart do the talking.

End result. some of the most heartwarming compliments I have ever received.
Stinkin' thinkin' and too much drinkin' are the kisses of death in a group
jam.

Warren Bee