Re: RE: [Harp-L] 5th position

Then Steve wrote:
> A small number of Irish tunes are in true Lydian mode, i.e. can be
> played in 12th position without bending/overblowing.  All the ones
> I know I play on a low D harp, and the guitar men regard the tunes
> as being in G major!

I'm sorry, I misspoke (miswrote?).  The Phrygian mode I referred to
was the corollary for 5th position, from Tom's original post.  As
Steve rightly points out, Lydian mode does map nicely onto 12th
position, though a whole step draw bend is needed for the tonic and
the 3rd in the low octave.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps