Re: [Harp-L] Rob Paparozzi at Kavehaz in NYC

Dennis,

     Thanx so much for the kind words about the Katrina fundraiser, I heard
we raised 4K...not bad!! they need it SO bad! (thanx Phil G and Richard
Hunter too for the encouraging comments,-)

     I'm sorry we didn't hook up and it would have been nice to talk a bit
and hear you play, I heard Sonny Hudson too....he's a teriffic player with
nice ideas and phrasing, very sax like! Try and make it up to my next Dino
BBQ gigs and sit in! I'm glad you dug the Lee Oskar stuff from Japan....I
love that CD!

   The tuesday before we did a show at the Metro Cafe on the east side,
Howard Levy sat with my band on 4 tunes it was very cool:

Iko-Iko
New Frontier
Kid Charlemagne
You Don't Know Me

we had TONS o' fun,-) and the people really enjoyed it...I discussed with
Howard the possibility of a double show in NYC with my band and Him and Paul
Sprawl....so I hope we can pull that together.

    Things have been busy, I'm doin' some TV with Dolly Parton in NY next
month and starting  as a new front guy/harp player project with "Blood Sweat
and Tears" ... and working alot as musical director for Bernard Purdie's
band as well as The Hudson River Rats. I'm taking a sabbatical indefinately
from the Original Blues Brothers, after 5 years...time for some different
challenges,-)!

     I wish I had more time for another NY Reedsters 'get together' and I
miss Charlie Leighton and the gang on Tuesday afternoons!!! I am having fun
writing for Roger Trobridge once a month for the NHL magazine, my column is
called "Stateside".

    On Oct. 9th my band with do another Katrina Benefit in Morristown, NJ at
the Church of the redeemed featuring Will Lee & Bernard Purdie.

I'm already getting psyched up for Bonfiglio's big 60th birthday
bash-concert-seminar in the Grand Canyon next fall!...but what kind of GIFT
do you get a senior classical harmonicist they has everything????,-)))

I also apologize to all that have been trying to nail me down for some
lessons, it's just been to busy but I hope to get back to that this winter-
I really DO love to teach!.

Happy Fall to all and lookin' forward to "Autumn in New York"!!!,-)
best,
rob