Re: [Harp-L] harp envy

Most of the time I get a decent space on stage/floor. Our keyboard player can't make our Monday night house
band gig so I'm front and center between the 2 guitarists. We do plenty of harp driven tunes. In fact, I usually get 2 to 3 solos per tune depending on the song.
Intro solo, main solo and 12 bar solo out. The band leader is big on delta blues and tunes of Muddy's, LW and Wolf so the harp plays a key role in the bands sound.

Btw, the rhythm guitarist and keyboard player couldn't make the first 2 gigs we played at Chick's so I played on the stage. No female action. The past 2 gigs the full band made the gig so I had to take the floor. Both times I encountered flirtatious women.

We are looking to hire Carey Bell's touring drummer to play with us. He uses a smaller kit then our current drummer so there will be more space when he comes on board.
He filled in on the last two gigs.

I told our rhythm guitarist last night that I posted last friday's event on harp-l and how the band disses me for stage space. He laughed his a*s off and said he
wants to get dissed the next time we play there.;-)

mike