Re: [Harp-L] Upgrading speaker

Hi David,

I put a Weber 12A100 in my Blues Jr. a few years
ago. I believe it's basically a 12" lower-wattage
(smaller magnet/voice coil) version of the 10A125
you're considering. It's Weber's vintage
straight-cone AlNiCo. I found it to be a fantastic
addition to my BJ.

I think the difference main between the 10A125 and
the 10A150 is that the 10A150 uses a ribbed cone.
The 12A150 will sound a little smoother, but still
offer lots of punch and a smooth breakup.

My guess is that the 10A125 will break up a little
earlier and sound a little grungier than the
10A150. I've heard rave reviews on the A150 series
from harp players and would have put a 12A150 in my
BJ but it wouldn't fit.

Hope this helps,
--Ken M.