Subject: The Paul Butterfield Fund & Society news
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:37:27 -0700

The Paul Butterfield Fund & Society (PBFS) was recently established by Salli
Squitieri & Gabriel Butterfield-son of Paul Butterfield, with the assistance
of Dan Aykroyd & his wife Donna Dixon-Aykroyd and the sponsorship of
Fractured Atlas (www.fracturedatlas.org), a NYC based non-profit art organization.

(PBFS is membership supported and dedicated to the preservation & revival of
the memory, legacy & many contributions of Paul Butterfield & to the rich
traditions of the Blues styles of music through the support of the arts &
those involved with the arts. Likewise, striving to assist struggling
artists with emergency relief, project support and cultural enrichment. With
particular focus on projects dedicated to underprivileged and at risk children.

Additionally, PBFS is working on a series of ongoing PBFS projects and the
ongoing development of The PBFS Educational Archival Exhibit representing
segments of Paul Butterfield's life and career, which currently includes
memorabilia--posters, handbills, tickets, art etc., photographs, videos,
music and various personal artifacts of Paul's.

We are presently working on our website and newsletter.)

In 2004 On December 17th, (Paul Butterfield's birthday) we unveiled our PBFS
Educational Archival Exhibit representing segments of Paul's life and career
as part of a three day music & art extravaganza. The Exhibit currently
includes memorabilia--posters, handbills, tickets, art etc., photographs,
videos, music and personal artifacts of Paul's. The event was launched at
The Key West Hard Rock Cafe, and radio stations around the country joined in
on Paul's birthday to honor his many contributions and his pinnacle role in
music making history.

Legendary Bluesman Sonny Rhodes and the esteemed Elizabeth
Barraclough--Paul's partner for many years, performed for the 3 day stage
shaking multimedia festival in honor of Paul, PBFS and our efforts. The
Exhibit continues to grow. A painting of Paul was recently donated and
painted from a photograph taken by Kathy Sebation. Elizabeth Barraclough
donated numerous photographs of Paul and her together, as well as jewelry
that was handmade by Paul. Artifacts continue to come in from various parts
of the world.

The exhibit also includes Paul's tour jackets, amp, story belt, passport,
school records, various ID's, a sweater made by his grandmother, his own
cooking recipes and more. A few of these items are currently with The Sweet
Home Chicago tour orchestrated by EMP out of Seattle. PBFS has recently set
up a PBFS Yahoo Group (The Paul Butterfield Fund and Society) for
Butterfield fans and all arts related topics. We encourage you to join this
free group connecting you to PB fans as well as blues supporters and artists
around the world. The Paul Butterfield Fund and Society itself is membership
supported and seeks members, volunteers, sponsors and net workers. We can be
contacted at Butterfieldsociety@xxxxxxxxxxx

A few assorted links regarding PBFS are

http://www.blueshalloffame.com/Artists_Exhibit_Pages/PaulButterfield_Exhibit.html
http://www.harp-l.com/pipermail/harp-l/2004-July/msg00303.html
http://www.keynoter.com/articles/2004/12/17/lattitudes/lat07.txt
http://www.geocities.com/butterfieldsociety/classic_blue.html
http://www.bluesnews.ru/news/?id=1818
http://www.vh1.com/artists/boards/main.jhtml/paul_butterfield/ConfirmPost?_DARGS=/artists/boards/includes/preview_post.midcol.jhtml_A&_DAV=
http://www.vh1.com/interact/boards/main.jhtml/music_news/PreviewPost?_requestid=43440

We appreciate your time and most importantly your support for my father.
We look forward to hearing from you.

With warmth,
Gabriel Butterfield & Salli Squitieri
1107 Key Plaza # 335