[Harp-L] Subject:Jason Ricci @ Terra 9/15/05 review

Gary writes:

"they couldn't have left much before 4am (i left about 3:30).  can  you
even make the drive from nyc to schenectady in 4 hours?"

....I hope I'm wrong about the time.  Maybe it was 8p.m.?   Somehow I doubt
it.

> I got to spend quite a bit of time talking with  Jason and our own Nicolas
> Fouquet (Froggy) and the other Nicolas  (who are now hanging in New York)
and
> Harp L'er Warren Bee (who  was helping Jason sell his CD's).  We had
another
> "new"  Harp-L'er there as well -  Dan.

"bummer!  i'm really  sorry i missed meeting everyone."

> Jason wished you a Happy   Birthday and I
> looked around to see if you were "in the house" -- but  Terra  Blues is so
dimly
> lit and I had no idea what you looked  like since I've only  just read your
now).

oh, that  explains it.  i thought everyone was just avoiding me.

Lol....

>  Sorry I missed meeting you-- If you were at the  table  with the
taping/light
> set up -

"i was.   sitting with dave barfield (who taped the mexicali and terra shows
on the LMA  ) and with my brother (for the first set). "

.....actually, Gary, I must have walked past you a dozen times --there was
an exit door to the right of the stage -- Warren was seated right there --
with Nicolas (Froggy) with him for the last set --and that Exit functioned  as
the "backstage" where we congregated during the latter part of Ray  Schinnery's
set before JRNB came on. But I gather you were focused on  getting the audio
down so didn't notice our comings and goings....probably a  very good thing.

> I was just off to your left against the wall   doing my own digital
> taping of the show (with Jason's  permission).  I've no  idea how it'll
come out
>   -  it's a new camera - and I ran out of  either tape or battery 2/3 of
the
> way through - in the middle of Turkish Coffee,  sad to say.   Aargghh!

"dave taped it, and i taped on minidisc as well.  so  we're covered.
look for it on the archive shortly."
....Can't wait..

> So Happy Birthday a day late and I'm sorry I  didn't get a chance to say
> hello in person. I'm enormously  grateful to you --

i'm just glad that JR supports the whole taping  thing.  it's a great
thing.  we get all these great tunes, and  hopefully he gets greater
exposure and bigger audiences.

...My hope too -- now if somebody could only get him onto the Tonight  Show...

> your first posting of the
> Mexicali download  is what introduced me to Jason Ricci in the first place.

well, then, it  worked.  the whole point is to introduce new people
to his  music.
> Next time!
december 1.  you can bet i'll be  there.
Garry Hodgson"

...Me too!!  Now that I've finally gotten back into the City for the  first
time in years, there'll be no stopping me.  Had no idea Terra Blues  is right
next to The Bitter End -- what a history there as well.

Elizabeth