Re: Subject: [Harp-L] jason ricci @ terra 9/15/05 review

EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

> ....Well Gary, I got home just after 4 a.m. and concur wholeheartedly --
> Jason's show was phenomenal, as always.  He gives everything he's got to  his
> audience -

he even commented at the end, "that's all i got".  it was plenty.

> and then had to leave for Schenectady to do a Radio program this
> morning at 8a.m.!  I'm exhausted just thinking about it <G>

they couldn't have left much before 4am (i left about 3:30).  can you
even make the drive from nyc to schenectady in 4 hours?

> I got to spend quite a bit of time talking with Jason and our own Nicolas
> Fouquet (Froggy) and the other Nicolas (who are now hanging in New York) and
> Harp L'er Warren Bee (who was helping Jason sell his CD's).  We had another
> "new" Harp-L'er there as well -  Dan.

bummer!  i'm really sorry i missed meeting everyone.

> Jason wished you a Happy  Birthday and I
> looked around to see if you were "in the house" -- but Terra  Blues is so dimly
> lit and I had no idea what you looked like since I've only  just read your

oh, that explains it.  i thought everyone was just avoiding me.

>  Sorry I missed meeting you-- If you were at the table  with the taping/light
> set up -

i was.  sitting with dave barfield (who taped the mexicali and terra shows
on the LMA ) and with my brother (for the first set).

> I was just off to your left against the wall  doing my own digital
> taping of the show (with Jason's permission).  I've no  idea how it'll come out
>   - it's a new camera - and I ran out of  either tape or battery 2/3 of the
> way through - in the middle of Turkish Coffee,  sad to say.  Aargghh!

dave taped it, and i taped on minidisc as well.  so we're covered.
look for it on the archive shortly.

> So Happy Birthday a day late and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say
> hello in person. I'm enormously grateful to you --

i'm just glad that JR supports the whole taping thing.  it's a great
thing.  we get all these great tunes, and hopefully he gets greater
exposure and bigger audiences.

> your first posting of the
> Mexicali download is what introduced me to Jason Ricci in the first place.

well, then, it worked.  the whole point is to introduce new people
to his music.

> Next time!

december 1.  you can bet i'll be there.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Your love, your anger, your kindness, your hate.
All of it creates the future for you and your children.
What kind of future are you creating today?