[Harp-L] self promotion: custom harps

It's been a long time since I've promoted my repair and custom harp business on harp-l. . Fathead Musical Instruments. This past year I started customizing diatonics. I've been offering custom setup and repairs on chromatics over 6 years now. Those of you that subscribed to harp-l for less then 3 years probably didn't know I was in repair/ customizing business. I tend to ask my customers NOT to promote me because I can only handle so much work. There is usually more then enough business coming in that I don't need to advertise.

Anyway after taking the summer off to relax and do some thinking about the future of the business I decided it was time to
promote the fact that I do customize diatonics. I've spent several years training with some of the best chromatic and diatonic techs and decided it was time to take advantage of the knowledge learned. The chromatic end of the business tends to take care of itself but I've been slow to push the diatonic end since I've always had plenty of chrome work to keep me busy.

I tend to operate business different then some.

I only accept 1 repair or custom job at a time in order to keep turnaround times reasonable.
I ask for payment on repairs only AFTER the work is done.
I ask for payment for custom harps only after I START working on them.

I don't like sitting on customers money. If I can't work on your harp for 3 months you don't have to pay me until I'm actually working on it or have it finished. If I drop dead tomorrow all my wife has to do is mail your harp back to you.

My work philosophy has always been that the reeds are everything. Cosmetic appearance is secondary to reed performance. The reeds are the first and last thing I work on.

Check out my web site for more info if you have diatonic or chromatic needs. I deal exclusively with Hohner handmade diatonics and chromatics.

www dot harmonicarepair dot com

take care
mike