[Harp-L] Steve Guyger

Hope I spelled that right. Got back from NY where my lovely Lady and I went to Terra Blues Friday night, and caught Steve. As many of you had said, he rocks!! I was amazed at the great horn sound he got out of his harp in the lower bends. Amazing. As a beginner who didn't realize that harp blues players had to use multiple harps to cover the various keys, it was instructive for me to watch him switch from harp to harp during  any one tune; one harp in his hand, one harp in his shirt pocket, and a bevy of harps on the chair next to him. It was an education just to watch.
Anyway, beyond the fact that he had great solos, I was most impressed by the "horn" tone quality he got when he wanted to.

I would have liked to have heard him in a bigger band setting-he played with only a guitar as a partner.

Bill