Subject: [Harp-L] official harp-l logo

fjm writes (majorly snipped):

" I've always puzzled over the people wanting to identify as harp-l members
at
harmonica gatherings.  We don't exist so how can you belong?   fjm"

.....perhaps because this is the very first time I've heard this.  My
"joining" Harp-L at the suggestion of a good friend was a momentous experience  in
my life anyway.  Discovering other people who actually play  this instrument
and love it as much as I do was a turning point for  me.  I feel connected -
finally, after never having had that before.   You may not realize just how must
this list gives its' members.  I can't  count the doors it has opened for me
and the knowledge I've gained through the  generous, loving people who post
here.

  It may be "only" a conversation -- but what a wide-ranging,  far-reaching,
interesting, controversial at times and fascinatingly  informative
conversation!  We're family now and you and Ben are the  parents (like it or not) <VBG>

Elizabeth