Re: [Harp-L] switching tubes to create easier breakup

Check out "Tube Amp Talk for the Guitarist and Tech" by Gerald Weber. It's a good source for learning how to maintain your tube amp.
Some good info on replacement tubes, burning in new tubes and what tubes not to use with some vintage amps.
It's a very thick book with info on most of the vintage tube amps and some newer models.

I bought my copy at Borders Books. $30. pub. Hal Leonard.

btw, I never swap out preamp tubes. Some sockets are meant to use 12at7s,(reverb and phase inverter on certain Fenders) not 12ax7's. Check your mfg.'s specs.

mike