RE: [Harp-L] Irish/celtic harmonica

I am looking for suggestions on CD's to purchase so I can learn some irish tunes. Been playing blues for over 30 years and looking for a new direction. I have checked out Brendan Power's site. Not sure which CD to purchase. I need an easy one to start with. Any celtic/irish style harp players have a suggestion?

Thank you
Blunt White

Apart from the CDs mentioned, there's a whole set of articles about playing traditional Irish music on (mainly diatonic) harmonica in the quarterly publication The Harmonica Educator, covering in detail many of the practical aspects of playing this music. http://members.aol.com/heducator2/index.html The editor is Richard Martin, and he hasn't updated the site for a while, but you can email him from the site for back issues. I should declare that the author of the articles is...me! (as I don't get paid I don't feel that I'm advertising!). The articles started in the Winter 2003 edition and run up to the Spring 2005 edition.

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm