Re: [Harp-L] Irish/celtic harmonica - the blues

It occurred to me that making a bridge from blues to Irish and celtic-
style music might be helped by listening to harmonica player who mix
them in some way.

American old-timey tends to be on the edge between blues and fiddle
tunes, and a couple of really good harmonica players working in that
general area are Mark Graham and Grant Dermody. Both have CDs out
(both are coincidentally from Seattle).

For a few years Mark was in a group with Irish fiddler Kevin Burke,
called Open House and has recorded with them under that name, Burke's
name, and under his own name.

Grant has recorded both under his own name and with the
Improbabillies.

Both Mark's and Grant's CDs are available on the net. I hghly
recommend them.

Wnslow

http://mail.yahoo.com