Re: [Harp-L] Irish/celtic harmonica

Hi Blunt,
As well as James Conway's, Steve Shaw's and Brendan Power's CDs have a look at James Thurgood's Handy Little Rig,
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thurgood
and the Murphy's Trip to Cullenstown
http://robertburnsstore.com/sr_highl_CC55CD.html

All of these CDs are excellent.
I find Melody Assistant really helpful, it produces harmonica tab for ABC files http://www.myriad-online.com/en/products/melody.htm (free to download, cheap for full version, tab for standard tunings in all keys for diatonic and chromatic but also customisable for Paddy Richter and XB40 as far as semitone bends)
along with http://abcnavigator.free.fr/ (free)
and sites like http://www.thesession.org/tunes/index.php and http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/ndx/NE.html (replace NE with the first two letters of a tune you wish to find in ABC) some ABC files, lots of text abc.
Melody maker loads ABC files, abcnavigator converts text abc to ABC files.
The site http://www.slowplayers.org/Slowplayers_Music_List.html already mentioned produces ABC files that Melody Assistant can convert (57 reels saved in under 10 seconds, first tune tabbed and ready less than 10 seconds later with tune being played)
Usual disclaimer, I've no connection with any of the above except as satified and astonished user.

Those irish tunes are addictive but don't be put off by the speed of playing, just admire it and enjoy the fun.

Lurcherjohn.