[Harp-L] RE: Chicago

Mojoharpman asked:
> going to Chicago in November to see delbert mclinton at house of blues and
> carrey bell at buddy guys legends. can anyone recommend a decent hotel or
motel
> that is not to costly, that  is centrally located. thanks

Mojoharpman, you might give this'n a try:

OHIO HOUSE MOTEL
600 N LA SALLE DR
CHICAGO, IL
(312) 943-6000

I've used it many times over the years, though it's been a few years back.
It's right downtown, close to the venues you mentioned.  Very inexpensive
compared to anything you'll find near by (though the near south side, still
near downtown, can offer a couple inexpensive hotels).  Has a little open
parking lot just like any motel--unusual in downtown Chicago.  The Ohio's
nothing fancy to be sure; a tad run down, in fact.  But it's been clean and
relatively safe in my experience(s).  Of course YMMV.  Definitely worth a
try, especially if there aren't any big conventions in town during your
stay.  The Ohio House is well-known amongst conventioneers for the reasons
I've cited and it fills up months ahead of time if there's a big convention
going on.

Good luck and enjoy Chicago--it's great city!  BTW, don't overlook the other
fine local blues venues if you have time (check out Rosa's, Kingston Mines,
B.L.U.E.S., etc.; the latter two are almost across the street on N.
Halsted).

Michelle