RE: [Harp-L] Band arrangements

Jeff,
	Sounds to me,by virtue of asking what to do, that you are more of a leader
than you think. I would suggest finding a local guy or gal that is willing
to teach you good practice habits and show you how to put your spin on
arranging.
	 Practice your parts before rehearsal, try not to turn practice sessions
into jam sessions, and when you are working on specific parts, vocal or
otherwise, close you practice sessions NO GUEST ALLOWED.Our old band would
have a separate vocal practice with acoustic instruments only, we found for
us that trying to learn vocal parts and arranging music at the same session
was just too much for our minds to do(something to do with living through
the 60's and the fact that we were a vocal band first- lots of
CSNY,Eagles,Steely Dan etc). Once you get your groove and start playing
tight then visitors can boost your confidence levels making gigs easier to
enjoy.

Later,

Steve
-

If you play in a band, what process do you go thru to learn new
material?  How do you work out arrangements?
Thanks,
Jeff