Re: [Harp-L] RP200

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:58:17 -0400
From: Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RP200
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, caps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>If I were making my first purchase right now, I might
>very well go for the RPx400.
>
>By the way, I played with a Digitech GNX1 -- a much
>more advanced amp modeling device, with two amp
>modeling engines that can be blended in a single sound
>-- at a store not long ago, and some of the sounds in
>that thing were mind-blowing.  I'd be tempted to get
>one, but I really don't have enough time in my life to
>master another complex device operating system, and the
>RP200 works very well for me.
8<
>Regards, Richard Hunter
>hunterharp.com

Hi there Richard,
  Are you aware that Digitech's GNX and current GenetX series are based on
the same technology of Johnson Amps J-Station?
  A definite step above the RP series.  The J-Station came out within
months of Line6's POD. Line6's POD series (even today) only use 16 bit
audio, where as the J-Station had 16 bit processing.  Digitech bought the
technology and have used it in their discontinued Genisis series and later
incorporated into their GeNetX? technology used for the GNX series.
  I was curious to hear from pro harp players who've used this.  All the
statistics don't give any indication of how good they work and sound.
-- G.