Fwd: [Harp-L] Recording in studio...advice?

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Michael Fugazzi
<mfugazzi67@xxxx> wrote:

In about a month my band and I are going into a
professional studio to record the first half of our
first album.

Any advice on what to be prepared for?

I plan on having back ups of everything (harps, mics,
cables, etc) except my amp.  They already have a real
Bassman at the studio, so I should be ok (I play
through a Bassman Ltd).

They also have a real Leslie and I might play some
rhythm parts through that.  Which I'd also like advice
on.  I know John Popper uses one quite a bit, so I
have some sound samples, but that's all I know.

Other then that, this is my first "pro" experience so
I am not too sure what to expect.

Mike Fugazzi

Mike:
Here is a link to recording acoustic harmonica; maybe you will do
some of that.  It also implicitly raises questions about the best way
to record amplified harp, like, what mike to use at the amp, or
whether or not to run more than 1 harp track to the board for
difffent mixing, stuff like that -- maybe listers have some thoughts
about that.  Good luck!
http://emusician.com/tutorials/emusic_taming_shrill/
--John k.