Re: [Harp-L] RP200

harpgawd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I went to Digitech's site and was surprised that their software for
their various devices is only for Window's machines. What's that about?
The circles I run in include many professional audio engineers,
producers and artists in the music business and they ALL use Macs and
ProTools. Most audio companies today have cross-platform software.

Bobby

I think the predominance of Macs in pro audio circles has to do with the inherent superiority of the Motorola processors in the first Macs for music. Inertia is a big factor. The Intel processors in early pcs weren't very good for music. It's interesting (?) to note that in the 80s the leading music platforms all used the same Motorola processor--Mac, Amiga, and Atari ST. The Amiga and Atari came stock with MIDI ports.

OTOH, I think it's silly that Digitech doesn't support the Mac.

-- Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly

Yes, it's what everyone has been clamoring for--pictures of the cats:

http://ratemykitten.com/my/?gallery=willie_mctell