Re: [Harp-L] Joni Mitchell and tunings[Neil Plays the Blues]

Sam Blancato wrote:
> Joni Mitchell has always done
> really great stuff things with tunings synthesizers on her guitar. I
> recommend "Hjira" for great examples of this - a really wonderful album.
---That is a terrific album, and it has one of my favorite Joni Mitchell songs on it:"Furry Sings the Blues," which is about a visit she made to the Memphis bluesman Furry Lewis [it's about other stuff too, of course]...anyway, this song has some  sloppy, incompetent harmonica playing by Neil Young that just happens to sound great in the context of the song. Inspired stuff!
WVa Bob