Subject: [Harp-L] JR@terra 9/15/05 is "show spotlight" on archive.org

Garry Hodson writes:
just noticed yesterday that the jason ricci show  from terra blues
last month is featured as the "show spotlight" on the main  page
at archive.org: http://archive.org/audio .  very cool.

since  that time it's had an additional 100 hits, so maybe the
publicity will help  get him more exposure.  but it's only got one review.
maybe some of you  who downloaded it, or better yet, were there,
could take a few minutes to  write a review.  all you need do is follow
the link to the show's  page,
( http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=29364 )
click  on the "write a review" link, select a rating (1 star through 5 stars),
and  add your comments.  if you're not registered with the archive, it'll
ask you to create a login, which is easy and free.

for that matter,  if you've downloaded his other shows, you might
add a review to those, as  well.  people do use them for guidance
in what to download, and it's one  small thing you can do to support
his efforts to get his music heard by a  wider audience.
----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T  Labs"

......Okay, Garry - just gave my review since I was there in person.   Even
though I videotaped most of Jason's Terra Blues show that night (with his
permission and for his use, since I plan to give him the videos when I next see
him), I tend to just listen to music I come across this way rather than
downloading and storing it the way someone recently mentioned here about  "saving" a
big chunk of money as compared to having to buy the musicians'  CD's.

 I can manage to buy the CD's and feel it's only fair to do so,  to support
artists like Jason who spend any money they do make in staying on the  road in
sometimes grueling conditions to bring us such great music.  While  we get to
go home to our warm beds, these guys are holing up in what is often  dinky
cold motel rooms.

I agree exposing more people to his music with the downloads might  bring him
more fans who will hopefully buy his CD's, but I still worry about  artists
like Jason not being compensated adequately for and losing control of  their
work.  Wish I knew the solution.

Elizabeth