[Harp-L] questions re Shure 545S mic

Can u guys and gals help me, pls?  I just bought a used Shure  545S, Series 2
mic. It says, "Made in the USA".  What is meant by Series 2?
I find this mic somewhat uncomfortable to hold, due to the  imbalance caused
by the heavy metal bottom part that holds the  switch.  The 545S is the mic
that Butterfield used, but i've learned  that there are a few variations.  Did
Butter use the same one i have, with  the heavy switch encasement?
  I've learned that this mic should be wired for high impedence for  best
performance.  I removed the switch to have a look.  In the metal  behind the
switch are the numbers 32 598.  There are 4 wires coming up from  the bottom,
which are neatly and professionally soldered to the switch -  red, white, blue and
black.
  Is there a way to date this mic?  The seller said he thinks the  mic is all
original, but i'm not sure about the wire.  It is a 4 pin  Amphenol brand
connector to the mic, and a 1/4 inch Amphenol connector on the  amp end.   Does
this sound like the original wire for this mic?
  I've searched the archives, the Shure website, and G's great  website, but
still can't find clear answers to my questions, the most important  of which
is how to wire this particular mic for high impedence.  Maybe  it's already
wired for high impedence as issued by the factory?
  Also, how is the grill cover removed if I need to clean the  screen?  Might
the mic ever need to be disassembled, and if so, how does it  come apart?
  So many questions, so little time.  Many thanks in advance,
ron