Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Fwd: need 2 names - Peter Madcat Ruth and Duster Bennet

Rene Calson writes (majorly snipped) in response to Winslow's reply to a
Harptalk lister who described Peter "Madcat" Ruth as a "novelty" player:

"I would hardly call Madcat Ruth a novelty player.  He's toured with  the
great Dave Brubeck, and now plays with Brubeck's son Chris as part  of
the trio, Triple Play."       and

"But I still consider him a serious musician...

He has a website, as  does Triple  Play.

http://www.madcatmusic.net/news.html

http://www.brubeckmusic.com/tripleplay.html

Rene"

....Thanks, Rene .....for pointing out just how great a musician is  Madcat.
He's up at the top of my list.   Out of all the  wonderful Harmonica players
I've heard over the past year, only Howard Levy tops  him, in my very
subjective opinion.

The link to Madcat's website should be utilized by anyone not knowing him
yet other than for the "novelty" aspect of his playing (and that's mostly  for
children)......his Madcat and Kane CD with Shari Kane "Up Against the  Wall" is
a fabulous album with one track in particular "Angel from Montgomery"
probably my very favorite song.  His background  harp supporting her gorgeous voice
is as grownup and serious as one  can hope for.

Both at Buckeye and SPAH 2005, I'd find myself gravitating to his teach-in
tables just to listen to him talk, sing and play.  Everywhere he  went other
players benefited from the high level of the bar he set...and it  showed, yet
you couldn't find a nicer guy always willing to listen to and help  others with
their playing.

Elizabeth